2021 Etape Loch Ness Cycling to start from 22nd August from the scheduled date of 25th April
2021 Etape Loch Ness Cycling event has been postponed again due to the current Coronavirus situation in Scotland and UK. The Etape Loch Ness event is a 66-mile or 106km cycle sportive held in fully closed roads in the midst of Scottish highlands. The stunning beauty of the iconic Loch Ness only adds to the grandeur of the event. Its amazingly breathtaking scenery, centuries old myths and mysteries of a certain Loch Ness monster has attracted the attention of many people. The 360° traffic free roads around Loch Ness starts and ends at the historic Highland capital of Inverness, offering 900 m of ascent.
There is a timed King of the Mountain stage, with a 4.8 mile (9 km) climb gaining 380 m in height with a gradient reaching 12% at times. A record 5600 took part in the 2019 event. The event also holds a high place as a humanitarian event as all the proceeds from the event go to Macmillan Charity Place which supports 2,20,000 people suffering from Cancer within Scotland.The Etape Loch Ness follows a 66-mile / 106-km route, starting by the riverside at Bught Park, Inverness IV3 5SQ and finishing by Eden Court, Bishops Road, Inverness IV3 5SA. Leaving Inverness, the route follows the A82 west to Fort Augustus, passing through the villages of Drumnadrochit and Invermoriston, arriving in Fort Augustus where it crosses the historic Caledonian Canal. The route then starts its return journey to Inverness via South Loch Ness on the B862/B852. Cycling Weekly Magazine describes the event as “A highland fling of a ride”.
The 2020 event was cancelled due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Originally scheduled to take place on April 26, the event was postponed until September 13, but then the organisers took the difficult decision to cancel the event. It was decided that the 2021 event would take place on 25th April, 2021. But the emergence of the second wave and third wave of Covid-19 crisis have forced another decision of putting the event on hold.
Event director Malcolm Sutherland said: “It is with great regret that we have taken the decision to postpone the 2021 Etape Loch Ness due to take place on April 25. We have been monitoring the situation very closely over the last few weeks and, following consultation with government agencies, local authorities and emergency services, it is clear that due to the current Covid-19 situation and the ongoing level of restrictions in the UK, an event of this size cannot go ahead in April. We are very saddened to have to postpone the event again and we are extremely grateful for the ongoing support from our stakeholders, event partners and our local community.”
Mr Sutherland added: “The health, safety and welfare of our participants, volunteers, staff, stakeholders and the local community is at the heart of everything we do and will always remain our priority. We want to reassure you that our team is working very hard behind the scenes on planning for the August event and look forward to sharing our plans with you over the coming months. We know this will be disappointing news and from all of us at the Etape Loch Ness team, we want to thank you for your patience and support over the last year. We can’t wait to welcome you all back to Loch Ness in August.”
Etape Loch Ness Cycling live-stream details:
Watching those impeccable cyclists maneuver through the mountainous regions of the Scottish highland is indeed thrilling. You could be a fan and never want to miss the live-stream action of such an event. In all those cases, we have you covered. We have brought to you the live-stream details of the entire event so you always stay updated and witness the best of the cycling actions!
- Etapelochness.com is one of the best places to enjoy the live-stream of the event. From latest event information to merchandise, the official website has it all.
- The Etape Loch Ness Youtube channel is also a great place to enjoy the live-stream of this fabled event. You can subscribe to Youtube TV monthly by paying a subscription of 64.99 USD monthly and enjoy content from more than 100 channels.
- Another great way to live-stream the event is Twitter. It is one of the most-popular social networking sites these days. You need to go to the official handle of Etape Loch Ness and live-stream the event from the links posted.
- Facebook is undoubtedly one of the biggest live-stream options of every popular sporting event across the globe. If you go to the home of the Etape Loch Ness on Facebook or try your luck with Facebook TV, you can chance upon the live-stream action from the event.
- Reddit is one of the most popular American social media and news aggregation websites. You simply need to log in and go to the relevant subreddits. Once you are there, click on the feasible live links that are not flagged by the official site, and enjoy the action free of cost!
- If your country or location is under a geo-block and you are unable to access the live-stream content, then NordVPN and ExpressVPN are your best bet. You can override the geo-block and get access to the live-stream action.