The 2021 FIA World Rally Championship is the forty-ninth season of the World Rally Championship, an auto racing competition recognized by the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) as the highest class of international rallying. Teams and crews are competing in twelve rallies for the World Rally Championships for Drivers, Co-drivers, Teams, and Manufacturers. The championship began in January 2021 with the Rallye Monte-Carlo and will conclude in November 2021 with Rally Japan. The series is supported by the World Rally Championship-2 and World Rally Championship-3 categories at every round of the championship and by the Junior World Rally Championship at selected events. Sébastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia are the reigning drivers’ and co-drivers champions, having secured their seventh championship titles at the 2020 Rally Monza.
Hyundai is the reigning manufacturers’ champions and are defending their manufacturers’ title for the second consecutive year. This year’s rally started on 21st January at Monte Carlo. The second rally took place in Finland on 26th February. After the second round, Kalle Rovanperä and Jonne Halttunen lead drivers’ and co-drivers’ championships by four points ahead of Thierry Neuville and Martijn Wydaeghe. Reigning drivers’ and co-drivers’ champions Sébastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia are third, another four points behind. In the manufacturers’ championship, Toyota Gazoo Racing WRT holds an eleven-point lead over reigning manufacturer champion Hyundai Shell Mobis WRT, with M-Sport Ford WRT in third.
The Croatia Rally is based in Zagreb, Croatia and is planned to be the third round of the 2021 World Rally Championship. The event is organised by Automobile Clubs D.T. Motorsport and Cro Dakar Team with the support of Croatian Car and Karting Federation and was a round of the European Rally Championship from 2007 till 2013.
The event was known in the past as Delta Rally and Croatia Delta Rally. It has been a tarmac rally since at least the late 1980s. On October 10, 2020, FIA World Motorsport Council confirmed Croatia Rally as a new round of the World Rally Championship. The country is set to become the thirty-fourth nation to stage a championship round in the WRC. The event is set to begin on 22nd April and will end on 25th April. The presentation of drivers and vehicles will be held at the National and University Library in Zagreb, the fastest will stand on the podium at St. Mark’s Square, and test drives will start on Tuesday, April 20. The start of the race will be in the Zagreb Fair area, and interestingly, for the first time in the history of the WRC, part of the track will be located indoors, inside the pavilion. The crews will start racing on April 23 in the area of Samoborsko Gorje, followed by speed tests in the wider area of Karlovac. The day after, speed tests will also take place in the area of Samoborsko Gorje and Karlovac. At the same time, on April 25, they will drive in the area of Hrvatsko Zagorje (Zagorska sela and Kumrovec), and on the trails on Medvednica.
The world of FIA is one that boasts of thrills and chills and high-octane action. We need to keep track of the live-stream options if we don’t want to miss any of the action. Let’s take a look.
- No major US TV network has the right to live-stream the FIA Monte Carlo Rally. But the US fans should not be disappointed as there are a lot of good things waiting for them. The W2C+, the official video platform of the FIA will display live-stream action from every rally throughout the year. You can get a year-long subscription at around 110 USD or a monthly subscription for 11 USD. You can also check the schedule and timings at WRC- the official online website of the world of motorsports.
- All stages of the FIA World Championship can be live-streamed on BT Sports network if you are living in the UK. The BT Sports monthly pass at just 25 GBP is worth all the enjoyment that you will have from watching the live-stream action from the world of speed!
- UK motorsports fans can also tune in to the free-to-air ITV4 for the live-stream action of different stages of the FIA World Rally.
- In Canada, REV TV is the dedicated channel and network that features races, announcements, news, analysis and other details including live-stream of every FIA World Rally game.
- Fox Sports will be broadcasting the FIA World Championship in Australia but not the live-stream coverage. It will be done by W2C+.
- CyberGhost, ExpressVPN or NordVPN can also act as your savior when you are bogged down by a geo-block in your location.
- Reddit is your trusted buddy when you need to catch sports live stream without incurring the subscription cost. You simply need to sign up, log in with your credentials, go to the relevant subreddit and find feasible links to the preferred sport.