Preview: Bayern Munich vs RB Leipzig in Bundesliga title-decider
Bayern Munich and RB Leipzig will play in a Bundesliga match in Bundesliga, which may prove to be the title decider. Munich has played 27 matches in this year’s Bundesliga accumulating 61 points while Leipzig has played the same amount of matches gaining 57 points along the way.
A Leipzig victory will take the club closer to a potential first-time Bundesliga victory for the club as well as Julian Nagelsmann, the team’s very young tactician manager. Even a draw would keep the drama front and center. A Bayern victory, on the other hand, would increase their advantage to a whopping seven points and might make many observers believe the title race is effectively over. After all, no team has let slip such a sizable lead at this corresponding stage of a Bundesliga season.
Amidst this, Robert Lewandowski will be out of contention for the match with an injury. Bayern must make do without their talisman for the next month, but for this weekend, the general consensus is that Serge Gnabry will fill the Lewandowski position with Thomas Muller in his usual role, interpreting space better than anyone. That leaves Leroy Sane and Kingsley Coman to star on the flanks. Leipzig, as usual, has decisions to make.
They don’t have one prolific scorer to call upon — in fact, no one has managed more than six league goals this season in the entire squad. Nagelsmann again uses Emil Forsberg almost as a false nine with support coming from Dani Olmo and Christopher Nkunku. The alternative would be a more traditional center-forward like Yussuf Poulsen or Alexander Sorloth but both are good options off the bench. In midfield, Leipzig’s Kevin Kampl misses out on the match due to bookings. Leipzig captain Marcel Sabitzer and U.S. international Tyler Adams will have their work cut out for them. Their play when not in possession will be of particular significance.
On the other side, Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka form one of the best central midfield partnerships in the world. Both know intuitively where to position themselves and what the other is doing. Goretzka is in the form of his life, too, while Kimmich has a habit of being the key performer in big matches. Peter Gulasci, with the highest number of Bundesliga clean-sheets(13), will start in Leipzig’s goal, while Manuel Neuer will start for Bayern. Neuer has been breached 35 times, but Neuer has regularly saved Bayern amid their numerous defensive missteps this season. That’s where he truly comes into his own. Bayern’s defense will feature Sule and Alaba in Center back while Pavard and Hernandez in the full-back position. Alphonso Davis is out of contention. Luka Klostermann and Willi Orban are certain starters for Leipzig while Upamecano is a doubt after pulling up a muscle in a previous league match. Leipzig will be without Marcel Halstenberg and Angelino. Nagelsmann has Nordi Mukiele, Benjamin Heinrichs and Ibrahima Konate as alternative options to choose from in defense.
Bundesliga: Bayern Munich vs RB Leipzig live-stream details:
Since this encounter is going to be an absolute cracker and most probably the title decider of the season, you should definitely keep a tab on the live-stream details of this match.
- For the fans based in the UK, BT Sport holds the exclusive rights to live-stream all the action from the Bayern Munich vs RB Leipzig match. You can either add BT Sports to your existing BT Broadband or BT TV package by paying an additional 10 GBP per month or buy a BT Sports monthly pass at just 25 GBP.
- The US fans can also get to the end of this scintillating encounter by live-streaming the action on ESPN+. This live-streaming service costs 5.99 USD per month whereas the annual subscription is priced at 59.99 USD per month.
- The awesome Sportsnet Now+ is the home of the Bundesliga for Canadian football fans. You simply need to pay 9.99 CAD for a 7-day trial period or 27.99 CAD for a monthly subscription.
- In Australia, the beIN Sports Connect enables you to live-stream the best encounters and showdowns from the Bundesliga at just 24.99 AUD per month. The package includes Fox Sports and ESPN channels and also offers a 2-week free trial period.
- If you are a victim of geo-block, you can use NordVPN or ExpressVPN to escape from your miseries.
- Reddit offers relevant subreddits and feasible live links to live-stream the best action from the Bundesliga 2021 season to its users for free!