Inter close to win Scudetto for the first time in a decade as Jesse Lingard is certain to be in Gareth Southgate’s Euro 2020 squad:
Inter Milan beat relegation-threatened Cagliari
Inter Milan defeated 1-0 relegation-threatened Cagliari. Defender Matteo Darmian scored the only goal of the match in the 77th minute. Antonio Conte ran onto the field to celebrate with his players. The win restored Inter’s 11-point advantage over second-place AC Milan, which won 3-1 at Parma on Saturday. “I sprinted to go and hug the boys. I want to share in the joy with them and praise them for an immense effort this past week,” Conte said. “The group knows that my staff and I are ready to fight for them and it’s right to share these emotions. I keep repeating that there are fewer and fewer games left and each win is worth six points for us. It’s not easy to be under constant pressure but we’re getting used to it. We’ve grown so much in two years, in all aspects.”
Juventus defeat Genoa and Atalanta cling to a UCL berth
Juventus beat Genoa 3-1 but the nine-time defending champion remained 12 points behind Inter in third position. Atalanta held onto fourth place in Serie A point table and the final Champions League berth with a 3-2 victory at Fiorentina following a brace from Duvan Zapata and a winner from Josip Ilicic. Napoli stayed fifth with a 2-0 win at Sampdoria with goals from Fabian Ruiz and Victor Osimhen. They are two points behind Atalanta.
Live-stream details of the Serie A
The last phase of the international soccer season across Europe has heated up. While some leagues already have closed in on the winner positions, others have a couple of triple teams fighting for the top spot. If you wish to watch the live stream of Serie A, keep a tab on the following live-stream details.
- Premier Sports and its sister concern FreeSports bring the live-stream coverage of the Serie A in the UK. If you are a prior customer of the Sky or Virgin Media network, you can latch on to these subscriptions by paying an additional 9.99 GBP per month.
- In the US, ESPN network and ESPN+ bring the live-stream coverage of the Serie A. Grab the subscription of the most-preferred OTT sports streaming service- ESPN+, at just 5.99 USD per month.
- On the other hand, the Canadians can take full enjoyment from the high-octane Serie A action with the DAZN network. You can live-stream games at 20 CAD per month or 150 CAD annually.
- In Australia, the beIN Sports Connect brings the live-stream coverage of the Serie A.
- You can take the help of VPN service providers like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and CyberGhost to override the geo-blocks and watch the live-stream action of Serie A.
- Reddit also serves as your go-to place to witness the live-stream action of the Serie A free of cost. You just need to sign up, login and find the relevant subreddits and directly go to the live streams.
International soccer news
Meanwhile, Jesse Lingard has continued his sparkling form in loan spells to David Moyes’ West Ham. The attacking midfielder scored two first-half goals against third-placed Leicester. West Ham eventually defeated them 3-2 with claiming the final Champions League spot in EPL league table. Since his move to London, Lingard has scored 8 goals in 9 PL matches alongside assisting 3 other goals and creating another three. Many critics have claimed that Lingard’s inclusion in the England Euro 2020 squad is certain with Jack Grealish, injured right now, and Jadon Sancho, not really in his best form, being out of the squad. Lingard’s performance is more important in the context of injured Declan Rice, West Ham central defensive midfielder, and captain. Rice can go out of the squad due to his knee injury. There are already rumors that West Ham wants to keep Lingard on a permanent contract with David Moyes already keen on keeping the player in London. Manchester United may also decide to keep the player in the squad. But it will be hardly fair if Lingard has to sit out in the dugout and be a part-player like Dan James. Gary Neville expressed as much. So, speculation is ripe that United may have to let go of one of the best academy products in the last decade, who is held to be valued at 30 million. In this context, Arsenal is also rumored to be interested in Lingard. If the player continues this excellent form to the end of the season, Manchester United may hope to get offers of significantly more than the base value.